W. Joseph Bruckner
Joseph Bruckner leads the firm's antitrust and competition department and practices in complex business litigation in federal and state courts nationwide. He and the firm are regularly appointed lead and co-lead plaintiffs' class counsel by courts in national multidistrict antitrust litigation. Mr. Bruckner graduated with honors from Creighton University School of Law in 1982, and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Donald P. Lay, then Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. He is an Advisory Board Member of the American Antitrust Institute, a past chair of the Minnesota State Bar Association Antitrust Law Section, and is regularly named a "Super Lawyer" in a peer review list of leading Minnesota attorneys. He co-authored a chapter in The International Handbook on Private Enforcement of Competition Law (2010), and Private Enforcement of Antitrust Laws in the United States (2012). He has spoken and presented at antitrust and complex litigation programs locally and nationwide.
- Precision Associates, Inc., et al. v. Panalpina World Transport (Holding) Ltd., et al. (E.D.N.Y.) (Co-Lead Counsel) (recovered more than $135 million to date)
- In re Potash Antitrust Litigation (II) (Co-Lead Counsel) (N.D. Ill.) (recovered $90 million)
- In re In re Wholesale Grocery Products Antitrust Litigation (D. Minn.) (Co-Lead Counsel)
- In re Urethane Antitrust Litigation (Polyester Polyols) (D. Kan.) (Co-Lead Counsel) (recovered $33 million )
- In re Flat Glass Antitrust Litigation (II) (W. D. Pa.) (Co-Lead Counsel)
- In re MSG Antitrust Litigation (D. Minn.) (Co-Lead Counsel) (recovered $123 million )
- In re Pressure Sensitive Labelstock Antitrust Litigation (M.D. Pa.) (Co-Lead Counsel) (recovered $45 million)
Other Representative Cases
- In re Payment Card Interchange Fee and Merchant Discount Antitrust Litigation (E.D.N.Y.)
- In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation (E.D. Mich.)
- Kleen Products LLC v. Packaging Corp. of America (Containerboard Antitrust Litigation) (N.D. Ill.)
- In re TFT-LCD (FLAT PANEL) Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.)
- In re Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.)
- In re Lithium Ion Batteries Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.)
- In re Optical Disk Drive (ODD) Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.)
- In re Transpacific Passenger Air Transportation Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.)
- Presenter at the MSBA CLE — "Class Actions: Same Rules But New Challenges," November 3, 2010.
- Speaker at the MSBA MCLE — Antitrust Law Fundamentals Seminar on May 6, 2009.
- Private Enforcement of Antitrust Law in the United States, A. Foer and R. Stutz, eds., Edward Elgar Publishing (UK) (October 2012).
- Plaintiffs' Remedies, Int'l Handbook On Private Enforcement Of Competition Law, American Antitrust Institute (with Matthew R. Salzwedel) (Dec. 2010)
- Co-authored the article "In re OSB Antitrust Litigation — Class Certification Decisions" published in the ABA Section of Antitrust Law, Sherman Act Section 1 Committee Spring 2008 Newsletter. The article provides an analysis of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania court decision to grant class certification in the In re OSB Antitrust Litigation. Read article on page 18 of newsletter.
- The American Antitrust Institute ("AAI") — Member of the Advisory Board
- The Committee to Support the Antitrust Laws ("COSAL"); Executive Committee
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter, Board of Governors
- Federal Bar Association, Chair of Antitrust & Trade Regulation Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association's Antitrust and Litigation Sections
- Named a Minnesota Super Lawyer for 2011 and 2012 by Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters business.
W. Joseph Bruckner
Lockridge Grindal Nauen P.L.L.P.
100 Washington Avenue South
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401-2159
- Creighton University School of Law, 1982, cum laude
- University of Nebraska, 1978, magna cum laude
1982, Nebraska; 1983, Minnesota
Minnesota; U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit; U.S. Supreme Court
Legal Administrative Assistant
Cheryl T. Johansen