W. Joseph Bruckner
Joseph Bruckner leads Lockridge Grindal Nauen P.L.L.P.'s antitrust law practice, and practices extensively in business litigation in federal and state courts nationwide. He is regularly appointed lead or co-lead counsel for plaintiffs by courts across the nation in complex multidistrict antitrust litigation. He graduated with honors from Creighton University School of Law, and served as a law clerk to the Honorable Donald P. Lay, then Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. He is a past chair of the Minnesota State Bar Association Antitrust Law Section, and is regularly voted a "Super Lawyer" in a peer review list of leading Minnesota attorneys. Mr. Bruckner is an Advisory Board Member of the American Antitrust Institute, and is a co-author in The International Handbook on Private Enforcement of Competition Law and in Private Enforcement of Antitrust Law in the United States: A Handbook.
- Precision Associates, Inc., et al. v. Panalpina World Transport (Holding) Ltd., et al. (Co-Lead Counsel)
- In re Potash Antitrust Litigation (II) (Co-Lead Counsel)
- In re Flat Glass Antitrust Litigation (II) (Co-Lead Counsel)
- In re In re Wholesale Grocery Products Antitrust Litigation (Liaison Counsel)
- In re Urethane Antitrust Litigation (Co-Lead Counsel - achieved $33 million in settlements for the class)
- In re MSG Antitrust Litigation (Co-Lead Counsel - achieved $123 million in settlements for the class)
- In re Pressure Sensitive Labelstock Antitrust Litigation (Co-Lead Counsel - achieved $45 million in settlements for the class)
- In re OSB Antitrust Litigation
- In re Payment Card Interchange Fee and Merchant Discount Antitrust Litigation
- In re TFT-LCD (FLAT PANEL) Antitrust Litigation
- Presenter at the MSBA CLE — "Class Actions: Same Rules But New Challenges," November 3, 2010.
- Speaker at the MSBA MCLE — Antitrust Law Fundamentals Seminar on May 6, 2009.
- Private Enforcement of Antitrust Law in the United States, A. Foer and R. Stutz, eds., Edward Elgar Publishing (UK) (October 2012).
- Plaintiffs' Remedies, Int'l Handbook On Private Enforcement Of Competition Law, American Antitrust Institute (with Matthew R. Salzwedel) (Dec. 2010)
- Co-authored the article "In re OSB Antitrust Litigation — Class Certification Decisions" published in the ABA Section of Antitrust Law, Sherman Act Section 1 Committee Spring 2008 Newsletter. The article provides an analysis of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania court decision to grant class certification in the In re OSB Antitrust Litigation. Read article on page 18 of newsletter.
- The American Antitrust Institute ("AAI") — Member of the Advisory Board
- The Committee to Support the Antitrust Laws ("COSAL"); Executive Committee
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter, Board of Governors
- Federal Bar Association, Chair of Antitrust & Trade Regulation Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association's Antitrust and Litigation Sections
- Named a Minnesota Super Lawyer for 2011 and 2012 by Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters business.
W. Joseph Bruckner
Lockridge Grindal Nauen P.L.L.P.
100 Washington Avenue South
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401-2159
- Creighton University School of Law, 1982, cum laude
- University of Nebraska, 1978, magna cum laude
1982, Nebraska; 1983, Minnesota
Minnesota; U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit; U.S. Supreme Court
Legal Administrative Assistant
Cheryl T. Johansen