University of St. Thomas School of Law, 2012
University of North Dakota, 2007,
B.B.A. Aviation Management, cum laude
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
U.S.District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Jacob Saufley practices in the firm’s class action group with an emphasis in the areas of product and consumer liability, antitrust, and employment litigation. Prior to joining the firm, he worked at the League of Minnesota Cities and a large local law firm, where he gained significant experience in municipal law, data practices, elections, land use, and real estate.
During law school, Jacob externed in the U.S. Attorney’s Office and participated in the St. Thomas bankruptcy clinic, where he worked directly with clients to obtain relief. He was also a two-time member of the Board of Advocates’ negotiating team, where he won the ABA Region 7 competition and earned an invitation to the ABA national competition.
Outside of practice, Jacob serves as a member of the Minneapolis Zoning Board of Adjustment, which fuels his interest in land-use policy and development. Jacob is also a marathon runner who has developed a love of cycling, a downhill and cross-country skier, and commercially certified pilot (inactive) with instrument and multi-engine ratings.
- In re Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litig., No. 1:16-cv-08637 (N.D. Ill.). Firm appointed as co-lead counsel in this ongoing antitrust class action on behalf of direct purchaser plaintiffs against broiler chicken producers.
- In re Yahoo! Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, MDL No. 2752 (N.D. Cal.)
- In re Syngenta Litigation, No. 27-CV-15-3785 (Hennepin County, MN)
- Precision Associates, Inc., et al. v. Panalpina World Transport (Holding) Ltd., et al. (Freight Forwarder Antitrust Litigation) (Eastern District of New York)
- In re Regions Morgan Keegan Open-End Mutual Fund Litigation, Master File No. 2:07-cv-02784-SHM-dkv (W.D. Tenn)