Speaker, Update on the Equal Pay Act, ABA Federal Labor Standards Legislation Committee Midwinter Meeting (2020).
Speaker, Anatomy of an Equal Pay Act Class and Collective Action, ABA Federal Labor Standards Legislation Committee Midwinter Meeting (2019).
Moderator, New Developments in Pay Equity Law, ABA Federal Labor Standards Legislation Committee Midwinter Meeting (2018).
Speaker, “Quilting 101”: Section 1557 & Other Federal and State Nondiscrimination Requirements, Health Law Institute (2017)
Webcast, Minnesota CLE – Top 10 Reasons Employees Sue Their Employer (2017)
Speaker, Pay Equity: Increasing Enforcement and Emerging Issues, ABA Federal Labor Standards Legislation Committee Midwinter Meeting (2017).
Speaker, Upper Midwest Employment Law Institute (2000 – present):
- 2020 Public Sector Employment Case Update
- COVID-19 and Return to Work – Employer Best Practices and Proactive Measures
- Handling Challenges in Recognizing, Remediating and Litigation Pay Equity Issues
- Supervisory Training: What and How (and Materials to Help You Do It!)
- 8th Circuit and Federal District Court Update
- Wage and Hour Basics – Getting it Right
- Handling the Whistleblower Case After the New Legislation
- Sexual Harassment Claims, Investigations and Litigation
- Discovery 101: The Strategy and Practice of Information Gathering In the Employment Lawsuit
- Managing Intermittent Leave Requests under the ADA and FMLA
- The Tougher Requests for Accommodation
- Transgender Issues in the Workplace
- Off-Duty Activities: Is An Employee’s Barstool Banter the Boss’s Business?
- Consensual Sex in the Workplace
Speaker, Litigating and Defending Retaliation Claims: Overcoming the Complex Challenges of These Claims and Pitfalls to Avoid,” 8th Annual American Conference Institute Forum on Defending and Managing Employment Discrimination Litigation (2016).
Speaker, Highlighting Significant Equal Pay Act Cases from 2015, ABA Federal Labor Standards Legislation Committee Midwinter Meeting (2016).
Webcast, Minnesota CLE (2009) — Collective Action Certification Issues: Is stage one certification getting harder in Minnesota?
Speaker, Minnesota Medical Group Management Association (2008):
- Shall We Dance? Negotiating the Employment Agreement from Both Perspectives
- God Forbid. Tips for Managing Your Own Termination
Speaker, Minnesota Institute of Legal Education (1997 – 2004):
- Elimination and Bias
- The Pound of Cure: Managing Computer “Evidence”
Speaker, Council on Education and Management (1997 – 1999):
- Beyond Performance Evaluations: Litigation Prevention Strategy
- Hiring Without Lawsuits
- Understanding the Fundamentals of Personnel Law
- Walking the Workplace Privacy Tightrope: Seizing Your Rights as an Employer — Without Violating Those of Your Employees
Judge, various oral argument and moot court competitions at the University of Minnesota Law School and William Mitchell College of Law (1993 – present).
Speaker, Minnesota CLE (1997):
- Hot Topics in Sexual Harassment – Jury Verdicts
- How to Conduct Purposeful and Strategic Depositions
Speaker, Minnesota State Bar Association (1997):
- Depositions from Hell
- The Ultimate Trial Notebook: Jury Selection and Voir Dire
Speaker, Minnesota Department of Human Rights, Human Rights Day Seminar — Preventing Your Workplace From Becoming an Electronically-Enhanced Hostile Environment (1996).
Speaker, Minnesota State Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Institute — Cutting Edge ADA Issues (1996).