American University, Washington College of Law, 2006, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
2008, District of Columbia
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Anna Horning Nygren represents clients in complex business litigation. Anna frequently defends large and small governmental and business clients facing employment claims in federal court, in state court, and in agency settings. Anna has particular experience defending employers against claims of discrimination and retaliation.
As part of the firm’s antitrust department, Anna represents small and mid-sized business in complex litigation involving other businesses nationwide. She is experienced in antitrust discovery issues and has broad experience in the meet-and-confer process, including the resulting motion practice.
Anna also counsels firm clients on property acquisition, sales, and leasing.
Anna is a member of LGN’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee and serves as a Section Council Member of the Antitrust Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association.
Anna was recognized as a “Rising Star” by Minnesota Super Lawyer magazine in 2014, 2015 and 2016. She is a summa cum laude graduate of American University Washington College of Law, Order of the Coif and was Associate Symposium Editor for the American University Law Review. She clerked for Justice Helen Meyer of the Minnesota Supreme Court before joining Lockridge Grindal Nauen P.L.L.P.
An active volunteer in her community, Anna serves as a volunteer lawyer for the Advocates for Human Rights and has successfully obtained asylum, legal permanent residency, and citizenship for her clients.
- Paul v. Metropolitan Council, No. 10-4759 (JRT/FLN) (D. Minn. 2012) (summary judgment granted on plaintiff’s claims of race discrimination and retaliation in violation of Title VII, Section 1983 and the Minnesota Human Rights Act)
- Phillips v. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Civil No. 08-CV-4686 (PJS/FLN) (D. Minn.) (summary judgment obtained on plaintiff’s claims of retaliation in violation of §1981 and the Minnesota Human Rights Act, assault, and battery)
- In re Generic Drugs Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2724 (E.D. Pa.)
- In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2311 (E.D. Mich.) ($400 million in settlements secured for the various classes to date)
- Precision Assoc., Inc., et al. v. Panalpina World Transport (Holding) Ltd., et al., Civ. No. 1:08-cv-00042 (E.D.N.Y.) (over $400 million in settlements obtained for the class)
- In re Pressure Sensitive Labelstock Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 1556 (M.D. Pa.)
- In re Flat Glass (II) Antitrust Litigation, Civil No. 2:08-mc-180 (W.D. Pa.)
- Social Media Discovery: The Ongoing Struggle to Update Status (Minnesota CLE) (June 2013)
- Contributor, Antitrust Law Developments (Eighth) (American Bar Association) (2017)
- Council Member, Antitrust Section, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Employment and Labor Law Section, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Co-Chair, Committee on Women in the Legal Profession, Minnesota State Bar Association (2013-2014)
- Named Rising Star (Business Litigation) from 2014-2016 by Super Lawyers®.
- Named a North Star Lawyer for 2015 in recognition of pro bono work.
- Minnesota Supreme Court Historical Society, Board Member and Co-Chair, Education Committee
- Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church Dignity Center, Volunteer Lawyer, 2011-2017
- Advocates for Human Rights, Volunteer Lawyer
- American Constitutional Society, Advisory Board Member
The Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) has recognized LGN attorneys Elizabeth Odette, Rachel Kitze Collins, Kate Baxter-Kauf, Rick Linsk, Anna [...]
Anna Horning Nygren Appointed to American Bar Association Antitrust Section Membership and Diversity Committee
Congratulations to LGN Partner Anna Horning Nygren on her appointment as the Vice Chair of the American Bar Association’s Antitrust [...]
Anna Horning Nygren and Brian Clark were re-elected to the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Antitrust Council at the Antitrust Section’s [...]
Lockridge Grindal Nauen was a proud sponsor of the Minnesota Chiefs of Police Association’s (MCPA) Executive Training Institute & Law [...]
Anna Horning Nygren and Kristen Marttila contribute to the American Bar Association’s Eighth edition of Antitrust Law Developments
LGN partner Anna Horning Nygren and attorney Kristen Marttila served as contributing writers to the American Bar Association’s Eighth edition of Antitrust Law Developments, [...]