Heidi Silton is a partner in the firm’s antitrust department and practices primarily in complex business litigation. Heidi represents mainly small and mid-sized businesses in complex litigation involving other businesses and litigates in Minnesota and throughout the United States. She and the firm are regularly appointed lead and co-lead plaintiffs’ class counsel by courts in nationwide antitrust litigation.
For the past several years, Heidi has been named one of Minnesota’s top 50 women lawyers, and top 100 lawyers, by a peer review list of leading Minnesota Lawyers. She currently serves as the Vice President of The Committee to Support the Antitrust Laws (COSAL) and as a member of the American Antitrust Institute (AAI) Private Enforcement Awards Judging Committee. She also serves as an advisor to the American Bar Association’s Global Private Litigation Committee. Heidi is a past chair and emeritus of the Minnesota State Bar Association Antitrust Law Section.
In addition to her litigation practice, she is a member of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee and is the firm’s Hiring Partner. Heidi believes in the value of mentorship and works to mentor other attorneys both inside and outside her firm.
An active volunteer in her community, Heidi serves on the board of Arete Academy and as a Reader/Writer coach for 8th graders in conjunction with Meet Me in the Middle. Heidi has also co-chaired galas to support the Sanneh Foundation, the American Diabetes Association, and Second Harvest.
- Precision Associates, Inc., et al. v. Panalpina World Transport (Holding) Ltd., et al.;
- In re Digital Music Antitrust Litig. , Master File No. 1:06-md-01780-LAP (S.D.N.Y.);
- In re Keurig Green Mountain Single-Serve Coffee Antitrust Litigation , MDL No. 2542 (S.D. N.Y.);
- In Re Potash Antitrust Litigation (II);
- In Re Urethane Antitrust Litigation;
- In Re MSG Antitrust Litigation
- “Hot Topics in Obtaining Discovery in Foreign Countries” at the University of Minnesota Law School as part of an Electronic Discovery Seminar (March 4, 2014)
- “Generational Issues in the Law” at the University of Minnesota Law School as part of the MSBA and Women in the Legal Profession seminar series (April 4, 2013)
- “Hot Topics in Antitrust Law” at a Minnesota Women Lawyers CLE (January 18, 2012)
- “Hypotheticals for Practical Application” at the MSBA CLE on Antitrust Law Issues in Intellectual Property Litigation and Licensing (May 25, 2011)
- 2002 speaker at an MSBA CLE on Fraud, Misrepresentation and Deceptive Trade Practices; frequent speaker at local civic organizations
- Animal Science: The US Supreme Court’s Interpretation of Foreign Law Asserted by Foreign Governments in Competition Law Cases, 12 Global Competition Litigation Review no. 2, at 45 (2019) (with Craig Davis and Kasia Kokoszka)
- The Discovery Evolution of European Commission Competition Law Documents, 9 Global Competition Litigation Review no. 3, at 96 (2016) (with Craig Davis)
- Trending Methods of International Service of Process:@elusivedefendant#youcanrunbutyoucan’thide#HagueConvention; 31 No. 19 Westlaw Journal Computer and Internet 1; February 27, 2014
- A Conspiracy of Note (and your withdrawal should be too); American Bar Association Journal — Law News Now, March 2013
- Social Media Discovery: The Ongoing Struggle to “Update Status”; Bench & Bar of Minnesota, December 2012 (with Courtney Blanchard); republished in The Computer & Internet Lawyer, May 2013.
- Pfleiderer AG v. Bundkeskartellamt: A Step Forward in Efforts to Obtain Discovery From European Commission Antitrust Proceedings, 19 No. 6 Westlaw Journal Antitrust 1; September 8, 2011 (with Craig S. Davis)
- Litigation Strategy: Making & Defending the Case, 2002
- Named a Minnesota Super Lawyer® from 2003-2019.
- Named one of Minnesota’s Top 50 Women Super Lawyers® in 2012, 2015-2019, and a Top 100 Minnesota Women Super Lawyer® for 2007-2009.
- Named a Top 100 Minnesota Super Lawyer® in 2017.
- Named one of the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” in 2005.
- Vice President of the Committee to Support the Antitrust Laws (COSAL)
- Co-Vice Chair of the American Bar Association Membership, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Advisory Member of the American Bar Association Global Private Litigation Committee, Antitrust Section
- Member of the Twin Cities Diversity In Practice (TCDIP) Engagement & Innovation Committee
- Arete Academy Board Member
- Reader/Writer Board Member and student mentor
- Past Co-chair of the Sanneh Foundation Annual Gala; past Co-chair of the American Diabetes Association Gala; past Co-chair of the Twin Cities Second Harvest fundraising event, the annual “Butterball”
Lockridge Grindal Nauen named a Best Law Firm For Women by Working Mother for Second Consecutive Year
Hello colleagues, clients, and friends, Along with my Partners at Lockridge Grindal Nauen, I am proud to announce Working Mother [...]
16 LGN Attorneys recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, including two of the state’s Top 100 MN Super Lawyers and three of the Top 50 MN Women Super Lawyers
Lockridge Grindal Nauen is proud to announce that sixteen of the firm’s attorneys were selected as 2020 Minnesota Super Lawyers [...]
13 LGN Attorneys recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, including four of the state’s Top 100 MN Super Lawyers and four of the Top 50 MN Women Super Lawyers
Lockridge Grindal Nauen is proud to announce that thirteen of the firm’s attorneys were selected as 2019 [...]
Lockridge Grindal Nauen is proud to be a new member of Twin Cities Diversity in Practice. Heidi Silton will serve [...]
As part of LGN’s 40440 initiative, the firm’s Washington, DC-based Federal Relations team was joined by attorneys Karen Hanson Riebel, [...]
Congratulations to the 15 LGN attorneys who were recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Each year, Super Lawyers recognizes [...]