Heidi Silton is a partner in the firm’s antitrust department and practices primarily in complex business litigation. Heidi represents mainly small and mid-sized businesses in complex litigation involving other businesses and litigates in Minnesota and throughout the United States. She and the firm are regularly appointed lead and co-lead plaintiffs’ class counsel by courts in nationwide antitrust litigation.
For the past several years, Heidi has been named one of Minnesota’s top 50 Women Lawyers, and top 100 Lawyers, by a peer review list of leading Minnesota Lawyers. She currently serves as the Treasurer of The Committee to Support the Antitrust Laws (COSAL) and as a member of the American Antitrust Institute (AAI) Private Enforcement Awards Judging Committee. She also serves as an advisor to the American Bar Association’s Global Private Litigation Committee. Heidi is a past chair and emeritus of the Minnesota State Bar Association Antitrust Law Section.
In addition to her litigation practice, Heidi serves as Chair of the firm’s business development committee and is the current Hiring Partner. She is a member of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee. Heidi believes in the value of mentorship, and works to mentor other women attorneys both inside and outside her firm.
An active volunteer in her community, Heidi serves on the board of Arete Academy and as a Reader/Writer coach for 8th graders in conjunction with Meet Me in the Middle Nonprofit. Heidi has also co-chaired galas to support the Sanneh Foundation, the American Diabetes Association and Second Harvest.
- Precision Associates, Inc., et al. v. Panalpina World Transport (Holding) Ltd., et al.;
- In re Digital Music Antitrust Litig. , Master File No. 1:06-md-01780-LAP (S.D.N.Y.);
- In re Keurig Green Mountain Single-Serve Coffee Antitrust Litigation , MDL No. 2542 (S.D. N.Y.);
- In Re Potash Antitrust Litigation (II);
- In Re Urethane Antitrust Litigation;
- In Re MSG Antitrust Litigation.
- “Hot Topics in Obtaining Discovery in Foreign Countries” at the University of Minnesota Law School as part of an Electronic Discovery Seminar (March 4, 2014)
- “Generational Issues in the Law” at the University of Minnesota Law School as part of the MSBA and Women in the Legal Profession seminar series (April 4, 2013)
- “Hot Topics in Antitrust Law” at a Minnesota Women Lawyers CLE (January 18, 2012)
- “Hypotheticals for Practical Application” at the MSBA CLE on Antitrust Law Issues in Intellectual Property Litigation and Licensing (May 25, 2011)
- 2002 speaker at an MSBA CLE on Fraud, Misrepresentation and Deceptive Trade Practices; frequent speaker at local civic organizations
- The Discovery Evolution of European Commission Competition Law Documents, 9 Global Competition Litigation Review no. 3, at 96 (2016) (with Craig Davis)
- Trending Methods of International Service of Process:@elusivedefendant#youcanrunbutyoucan’thide#HagueConvention; 31 No. 19 Westlaw Journal Computer and Internet 1; February 27, 2014
- A Conspiracy of Note (and your withdrawal should be too); American Bar Association Journal — Law News Now, March 2013
- Social Media Discovery: The Ongoing Struggle to “Update Status”; Bench & Bar of Minnesota, December 2012 (with Courtney Blanchard); republished in The Computer & Internet Lawyer, May 2013.
- Pfleiderer AG v. Bundkeskartellamt: A Step Forward in Efforts to Obtain Discovery From European Commission Antitrust Proceedings, 19 No. 6 Westlaw Journal Antitrust 1; September 8, 2011 (with Craig S. Davis)
- Litigation Strategy: Making & Defending the Case, 2002
- Named a Minnesota Super Lawyer® from 2003-2018.
- Named one of Minnesota’s Top 50 Women Super Lawyers® in 2012, 2015-2018, and a
Top 100 Minnesota Women Super Lawyer® for 2007-2009.
- Named a Top 100 Minnesota Super Lawyer® in 2017 and 2018.
- Named one of the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” in 2005.
- Co-chair of the Sanneh Foundation Annual Gala
- Former Co-chair of the American Diabetes Association Gala
- Former Co-chair of the Twin Cities Second Harvest fundraising event, the annual “Butterball”
Congratulations to the 15 LGN attorneys who were recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Each year, Super Lawyers recognizes [...]
Anna Horning Nygren and Brian Clark were re-elected to the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Antitrust Council at the Antitrust Section’s [...]
During the school year, nine LGN attorneys have served as Reader mentors to 7th and 8th Grade Student Writers at [...]
LGN partner Heidi Silton was honored to speak on a distinguished panel on the subject of “Getting a Seat at [...]
Lockridge Grindal Nauen is proud to announce that 16 of the firm’s attorneys were selected as 2017 Minnesota Super [...]
A special congratulations to LGN partners Charles Nauen, Yvonne Flaherty, and Heidi Silton, who were each named among Minnesota's Top 100 Attorneys by [...]