Nate C. Mussell is a partner in the firm’s state government relations team and also practices in the area of health care law. His practice focuses primarily on providing advice and legislative strategy on various state health care finance and policy issues to physician groups, hospitals, and other health care entities. Mr. Mussell has demonstrated significant expertise and success in helping health care facilities and health care professionals navigate scope of practice, reimbursement, and other complex policy matters before the legislature in St. Paul. He has counseled clients in navigating regulatory issues around mental health, residential treatment, and foster care before the Department of Human Services and other state agencies. Mr. Mussell also works closely with the firm’s federal relations team providing advice and counsel to Minnesota-based clients on issues impacting them in Washington, D.C.
Prior to joining Lockridge Grindal Nauen, Mr. Mussell worked at the Minnesota Department of Human Services as a health care policy analyst and with various elected officials in Washington D.C. and at the Capitol in St. Paul.
Lobbyist for several of the firm’s health care clients including Fairview Hospitals and Clinics, the Minnesota Society of Anesthesiologists, the Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology, Minnesota Medical Group Management Association and the Twin Cities Medical Society.
Triium Group Purchasing Conference, co-presenter on Federal Health Care Reform with Matthew Schafer.
- A Full Plate of Issues, Challenges — 2010 Legislative Preview, Minnesota Physician, January 2010.
- More Deficit, Further Challenges, Metro Doctors Magazine, March/April 2010.
- The Provider Tax: Questionable Past and Uncertain Future, Metro Doctors Magazine, March/April 2010.
- 2010 Legislature Yields Few Fixes, Many Questions, Minnesota Physician, August 2010.
- With Shoe on the Other Foot, Budget Still Looms Large, Metro Doctors Magazine, January/February 2011.
- The ABCs of ACOs, Metro Doctors Magazine, March/April 2011.
- Emerging from the “Cone of Silence” — A 2012 Legislative Preview, Metro Doctors Magazine, January/February 2012.
- A Quiet Session, Minnesota Physician, July 2012.
- Quiet Session: A Welcome Change, Metro Doctors Magazine, July/August 2012.
Nate Mussell spent a week volunteering in early August in Rockport, TX with Samaritan’s Purse helping with the rebuilding efforts [...]
LGN Partner Nate Mussell participated in a panel with the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Health Law Section CLE on February [...]