Mr. Mussell is a partner in the firm’s Government Relations Department and also practices in the area of health care law. Prior to joining Lockridge Grindal Nauen he worked at the Minnesota Department of Human Services as a health care policy analyst. During law school, Mr. Mussell worked as a law clerk for the Center for Diagnostic Imaging and with the General Counsel’s office at Children’s Hospitals and Clinics.
Mr. Mussell also has experience working for several elected public officials. He previously worked as an intern in Representative Jim Ramstad’s Washington D.C. office, as well as interning for both former State Senator Dave Knutson, and Governor Tim Pawlenty.
Lobbyist for several of the firm’s health care clients including Fairview Hospitals and Clinics, the Minnesota Society of Anesthesiologists, the Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology, Minnesota Medical Group Management Association and the Twin Cities Medical Society.
Triium Group Purchasing Conference, co-presenter on Federal Health Care Reform with Matthew Schafer.
- A Full Plate of Issues, Challenges — 2010 Legislative Preview, Minnesota Physician, January 2010.
- More Deficit, Further Challenges, Metro Doctors Magazine, March/April 2010.
- The Provider Tax: Questionable Past and Uncertain Future, Metro Doctors Magazine, March/April 2010.
- 2010 Legislature Yields Few Fixes, Many Questions, Minnesota Physician, August 2010.
- With Shoe on the Other Foot, Budget Still Looms Large, Metro Doctors Magazine, January/February 2011.
- The ABCs of ACOs, Metro Doctors Magazine, March/April 2011.
- Emerging from the “Cone of Silence” — A 2012 Legislative Preview, Metro Doctors Magazine, January/February 2012.
- A Quiet Session, Minnesota Physician, July 2012.
- Quiet Session: A Welcome Change, Metro Doctors Magazine, July/August 2012.
LGN Partner Nate Mussell participated in a panel with the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Health Law Section CLE on February [...]