Mr. Schmit is one of the founding partners of the firm. He focuses his practice on class action litigation, primarily in the antitrust area. He also has experience in securities fraud and ERISA litigation and a variety of other complex business litigation fields.
- In re Pressure Sensitive Labelstock Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 1556 (M.D. Pa) (Co-Lead Counsel). Price fixing case which resulted in settlement of $46.5 million.
- In re OSB Antitrust Litigation, Master File No. 06-826 (E.D. Pa) Price fixing case involving oriented strand board which resulted in a settlement of more than $120 million.
- Varity Corp. v Howe et al., 516 U.S. 489 (1996). Landmark ERISA case.
- Federal Bar Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Minnesota State Bar Association