William Mitchell College of Law, 1996
U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
Yvonne M. Flaherty focuses her practice on the representation of injured parties in complex litigation against pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, as well as class actions involving a variety of consumer and product defect claims. She has been appointed to serve as Lead Counsel in consolidated claims against national medical device manufacturers and serves on several Plaintiff Steering Committees on behalf of thousands of claimants in Multi District Litigation throughout the United States. Ms. Flaherty has also served on trial teams in two national class actions, both of which were tried to verdict. In Peterson v. BASF Corp., Ms. Flaherty was a member of the trial team who secured a substantial jury verdict for a nation-wide class of farmers seeking redress for violation of consumer protection statutes. She is a frequent speaker at national conferences concerning medical device and pharmaceutical litigation, including topics concerning mass tort litigation, preemption, electronic discovery, and the Learned Intermediary Doctrine.
Yvonne M. Flaherty is a member of the American Association for Justice (“AAJ”) formerly ATLA, numerous AAJ committees, co-chairs the Electronic Discovery Committee, and is the past Chair of the Women’s Trial Lawyers Caucus. She also serves on the Minnesota Association for Justice Board of Governors and Executive Committee and is a member of the Minnesota State, Hennepin County and Federal Bar Associations.
- In re Levaquin Products Liability Litig., MDL No. 1943 (D. Minn);
- In re Guidant Corp. Implantable Defibrillators Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 05-1708 (DWF/AJB);
- In re: Medtronic, Inc., Implantable Defibrillators Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 05-1726 (JMR/AJB);
- In Re Medtronic, Inc. Sprint Fidelis Leads Products Liability Litigation, MDL 08-1905 (D. Minn.); In re Vioxx Litigation, MDL 1657 (E.D. LA);
- In re Baycol Products Liability Litig., MDL No. 1431 (D. Minn.);
- In re Rezulin Litigation, MDL 1348 (S.D. N.Y.);
- In re Serzone Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1477 (S.D. W.V.);
- In re Tamoxifen Citrate Antitrust Litigation, MDL 1408 (E.D. N.Y.);
- In re Meridia Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1481 (N.D. Ohio);
- In Re Propulsid Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1355 (E.D. LA);
- In Re: Aredia and Zometa Products Liability Litigation, MDL 06-1760 (M.D. Tenn);
- In re: Vytorin/Zetia Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1938 (D.N.J.).
- Peterson v. BASF Corp., Civil No. C2-97-295 (Norman County District Court, Minnesota);
- Good v. Fluor Daniel Corp., Case No. CT-00-5021-RHW (E.D. Wash.);
- Villa v. Rexall Sundown, Inc., Court File No. 00-9061 (Palm Beach County Court, Florida);
- Larson v. Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway Company, Civil No. CV 01-527 JEL/RLE (D. Minn.).
- AAJ Section on Toxic, Environmental, and Pharmaceutical Torts (STEP), Chair Elect (2010-present); Vice Chair (2009-2010); Secretary (2008-2009)
- AAJ Electronic Discovery Litigation Group, Co-Chair (2006-present)
- AAJ Womens Trial Lawyer Caucus, Chair (2008-2009); Chair Elect (2008-2009); Vice Chair (2007-2008); 2nd Vice Chair (2006-2007); Secretary (2005-2006); Lobby Day Co-Chair (2004, 2006, 2008)
- AAJ Executive Committee (2010-present)
- AAJ Board of Governors (2006-present)
- National College of Advocacy, Board of Trustees (2010-present)
- National Finance Council (2010-present)
- AAJ Litigation Group Leaders Council, Co Chair (2009-present)
- Named a Minnesota Super Lawyer® (Class Action/Mass Torts) from 2011-2018.
- Named one of Minnesota’s Top 50 Women Super Lawyers® from 2013-2018.
- Named a Top 100 Minnesota Super Lawyer® from 2016-2017.
- Attorney of the Year by Minnesota Lawyer in 2015.
LGN Partner Yvonne Flaherty will be speaking at HarrisMartin's 3M Combat Earplugs Litigation Conference on March 7th, 2019. Ms. Flaherty [...]
LGN named a Best Law Firm for Environmental Law, Environmental Litigation, and Product Liability Litigation
Congratulations to LGN’s Environmental Law and Products Liability teams on being included on U.S. World & News Report and Best [...]
Congratulations to LGN partners Richard Lockridge, Charles Nauen, Susan Ellingstad, and Yvonne Flaherty for being named by Best Lawyers to their [...]
Congratulations to the 15 LGN attorneys who were recognized as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars. Each year, Super Lawyers recognizes [...]
Lockridge Grindal Nauen is proud to announce that 16 of the firm’s attorneys were selected as 2017 Minnesota Super [...]