Tuesday, May 19, 2020 | 2pm ET | 1pm CT | 12pm MT | 11am PT
Data breaches have become commonplace, harming organizations and individuals by causing disruptions, damaged reputations, and financial losses. In this new age of social distancing, hospitals, retailers, hotels, email providers, e-commerce companies, credit score companies, energy producers, manufacturers, government agencies, and web meeting platforms are all susceptible to these attacks. Given the immediate threat of data breaches and their increasing occurrence, Lockridge Grindal Nauen is inviting you to a free CLE-eligible webinar, presented by Western Alliance Bank and produced by HB Litigation Conferences, which encompasses data breach class actions.
Attorneys, corporations, and government agencies involved in a variety of sectors are invited to join three experienced legal professionals for practical takeaways and insights into the unique characteristics of litigating data breach class actions: Kate M. Baxter-Kauf, Partner, Lockridge Grindal Nauen PLLP; David M. Kaufman, Senior Director, Heffler Claims Group LLC, and Michelle Visser, Partner, Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP.
They will address:
- Motions to dismiss: role of injury (or lack thereof) in early dismissal challenges
- Discovery: unique privilege challenges in data breach cases
- Discovery: discovery of absent class members in consumer cases
- Class certification: emerging trends from the small sub-set of cases that reach this stage
- Trends and current events that can affect your settlement: injunctive relief trends, objectors, and administration challenges
- Plus, your questions via live chat.
Click the image below to register for this complimentary CLE-eligible webinar presented by Western Alliance Bank.